Sunday, July 04, 2004

Get What I'm Driving At?

I have just arrived back to North Carolina after spending the last 3 days in Vermont. I took off from South Hero, VT at 8:00 a.m. and got to camp at 8:30 p.m. Pretty good travel time. I successfully avoided the N.J. Turnpike which I happen to loathe (along with every driver that owns a New Jersey license plate).

Yeah . . . so why would I drive up to Vermont for a mere 3 (actually 2 and a half) days? Maple Syrup? Ben and Jerry's? To see a moose? O.k. it was to see a girl. Not just any girl though. Only the best girl I know. Emily's her name, and she's got the biggest brightest smile you've ever seen. She likes to kiss me with it. I haven't turned her down yet.

South Hero is an island surrounded by Lake Champlaign. Emily's parents have owned a house on that island ever since she can remember. Last night the four of us drank beer and played washers (kind of like horseshoes only you toss washers into a coffee can). Then we played a board game in the living room. Shit like that's pretty cool. You dig?

0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © Tarantular
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes