Thursday, September 30, 2004

Nina Simone

Oh my God, have you ever listened to Nina Simone? I just received her 1972 album, entitled Nina Simone And Piano, in the mail. Wow. It is just her voice and her piano. She is a classically trained pianist, so the beauty of that was prevalent. But that voice, oh that voice. Every phrase and note are so close and personal, as if she were singing for just me. Her voice lilts on the clouds, hammers in the dust, and plays on the jungle gym. You should check her out.

On another note, I was a bit dissapointed with the new release from Modest Mouse. Way too overproduced, like someone messed with the EQ just a bit too much. And where are the tempo changes and the crescendos and decrescendos that Modest Mouse pulls off so well? There were a few tracks I liked, but all in all a dissapointment.


0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © Tarantular
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes