Thursday, October 21, 2004

BEER

Beer, oh beer, my beer, yes please.

There is a 5 gallon bucket in my living room where little tiny yeasties are committing suicide and raising the alcohol content of my beer. My friend Brad and I cooked up the recipe last Saturday, and in the next couple of days I will begin the bottling process. If you are at Thanksgiving, perhaps you will taste the fruits of my spirits. That is unless I drink it all before which is entirely possible.

Thus has begun what hopes to be my long and friendly relationship with homebrewing. I feel I have given life to a new being. I glance at it lovingly every time I walk through my livingroom. I time the interval between contractions (what I term the bubbling in the contraption on top of my bucket that indicates the fermentation process taking place). Apparently when the interval between bubbles gets to be more than 10 minutes, it is time. Joy oh joy of joyous occassions!

0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © Tarantular
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes