Tuesday, August 16, 2005

scotch and water

i'm tired of capitalization. it makes me feel egotistical. like when i capitalize any word, I feel like i am positing myself too much. do You know what I mean? I've seen people writing comments and (more commonly) instant messages without capitalizing. and God Forbid: not using proper, punctuation; furthermore.

what I would really like to say (ah, how the cogito does not pull out of it's settlement so easily) is that I have taken to drinking single malt scotch again. it's a habit I picked up, ironically, in Scotland (yes, places should be capitalized . . . probably) when I spent about a week in Edinburgh (pronounced edin-bura). I stayed at this hostel that I don't remember a whole lot about that served as a hub to my journeys around the city.

yes, ironbru did come in handy. i enjoyed some of the hand pulled ales that were fairly plentiful around the city. but first, i thought i would try various single malt scotches (as Scotland has many)and find what I liked. i walked from bar to various bar and asked for single malt scotch. glenlivet glenellen glenfidich (which i kind of like) darwinie mccallan mccallan mccallan.

yes, i am currently drinking 10-year-old McCallen single malt scotch, distilled and aged in Scotland, and made for a west coast store that I choose not to name at this time. McCallen single malt scotch is usually sold at a liquor store as a 12-year-old Single Malt Scotch for 30 or 40 dollars. the 10-year old at the affore-non-mentioned store sells for 20 bones.

McCallen was one of my favorites out of the single malt scotches that I tried while in Edinburgh. i also at fish and chips, toured the castle, and took at least two ghost tours. i spent the day with a family from a church, and we walked their dogs around some hill. i walked through a cemetary. and i walked. and i walked.

and i am drinking scotch and water Right Now.

YOUR COMMENTS ARE DESIRED AND ENCOURAGED, NO MATTER HOW TRIVIAL, VULGAR, INAPPROPRIATE OR UNRELATED TO THE CURRENT POST

chiefjason

0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © Tarantular
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes