Tuesday, November 23, 2004

It's a little scary driving through the mountains of Tennessee at night in the rain going as fast as you can because it's 6:00 p.m., you've been driving since 9:00 a.m., and you still have 5 hours to go. Scary, but not scary enough to slow down.

Yeah, it took me 14 hours to get back to North Carolina from Chicago. I think it might have been shorter if I would've taken an alternate route. But I didn't.

I realized again what awesome friends I have. The Thanksgiving gathering turned out great--complete with turkey, a poetry reading, and the Miller Girls. Wouldn't you know it that the only Bears game I've been able to see all year they get slaughtered. I got a nice pint glass from the bar though.

Going back to work really sucks after being on vacation. Especially if you drove 14 hours the night before. In general, going to work just sucks.

I have dreams of being a hobo but my sense of responsiblity keeps getting in the way.

0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © Tarantular
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes