Tuesday, April 26, 2005

DaaBers and DA BIG IDEA

So I'm watching the last of the Cubs game right now. Cincinnati is winning 11-8 going into the Bottom of the 9th, Bartosh (the Cubs 7th pitcher of the game) just struck out the last batter (Dunn) to end the Top of the 9th. Seem like it's been a pretty goddamn good game, one you wished you were at.

But that's not what I'm posting about. I posting about Daabers. You know, the Chekago Bers.

How 'bout those draft picks? A powerhouse running back and two speedy wide receivers. Let's hope the offensive line can step it up to add the . . . (hold on)

>>>Ronny Cedeno just got his first major league hit with a single to left and a run driven in. It's 11-9.<<<

So back to DaaBers. Howsabout those draft picks?

>>>Awww damn, the 3rd out. Hollandsworth grounded out. I'm impressed with the Cubs. Although they definitely have some issues going on in the pitcher position, our other guys are gettin the job done. Although still a loss, it is a loss with 13 hits and 9 runs. They also spread the wealth around with 9 different guys getting the hits and 5 of those guys driving in the runs. Even when we get outs, much of the time we are putting the bat on the ball and the ball into play. That's how you win games.<<<

Can we talk about the Bears now? With a workhorse running back, two speedy wide receivers, and a ready to go Rex Grossman at QB, their offense just might have the spark it needs. If the offensive line can step it up (perhaps an effective off-season training program in Kankakee, Illinois?) they might just have the one-two punch.

So here's DA BIG IDEA:

Now I know I got some friends who are some good Bears fans, and I sure as hell don't get to see these friends that often. We should pick an away Bears game that isn't too far away. Meet on Friday night (or Thursday night?) in that city. Take in the sites on Saturday. Get crazy for the Bears on Sunday. Rest (or work if you gotta) on Monday.

So yeah, like a four day weekend with a Bears game as the climax. How can you go wrong? I figure since this is my idea, I get to put in the first suggestion for the game. My first instinct was to pick the Redskins game on September 11th, but that's pretty close to when my baby is due, and the date doesn't seem to have any GOOD luck. So my official pick is the December 11th game in Pittsburgh. Seems we could find some cheap accomocations, similarly cheap bars, and freeze are asses off to watch the Bears and the Stealers pound it away. Sounds like good bonding time to me.

0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © Tarantular
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes