Monday, April 18, 2005

Spring Posting

I do believe that I have myself proven that the myth of increased blogging in the spring is false. My beer and my front porch already have more pull than the laptop in my study. Thus the longer gaps in my posting.

So I have given in to the baseball enthusiasm and purchased the entire Major League Baseball season on internet audio for only $14.95 (living in North Carolina and not having cable, this seems to be a good option to follow the Cubs). This is an interesting thing since I "simultaneously" listen to a baseball game over live audio stream, say, from WGN radio, while watching the gameday update from MLB.com, which shows the current batter (with the balls and strikes and where the pitch landed in the strike zone), as well as a picture of the field with the names of the defensive players and their positions, and the names of the offensive players at bat/on base. Thing is, the audio is usually behind the updates of the visuals . . . but sometimes the audio is ahead. Like I said, it's interesting.

Anyway, I watched the Cubs lose a close one with Loecester blowing a 5-5 tie, walking the first two batters in the 8th, then hitting the next (ending in a 7-5 loss). Then I watched the Brewers lose to the Dodgers 7-3. All in all, a depressing day for baseball.

0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © Tarantular
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes