Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy New Year

I'm not sure how you ushered in the New Year, but I did it in a pretty low key way. I thought about going down to Chapel Hill and taking in a show at the Local 506. There were four bands playing there that seemed interesting. One of the bands, Kung Flute, is apparently known for smashing ceiling tiles against their, and selected audience members', heads. My other idea was to treat myself to dinner and a movie, but alas, the coffers are less than full. What I did do was cook myself up some cube steak and mashed potatoes, complete with a spinach leaf salad. I even splurged for a cheap bottle of champagne (my kitchen floor is still a bit sticky from the opening). Sifting through Emily's VHS movies (I had her t.v. with a built in VCR for visual entertainment), the best pick was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Somewhere into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II, I fell asleep on the couch. At midnight I was awoken by the many fireworks, and probably gun shots, going off. I said to my town, "Happy New Year," and went back to sleep.

0 comments:

 
 
Copyright © Tarantular
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes